Post 30 facts about Yourself
I’m not sure I’m ready to divulge 30 friggin’ facts about myself, but here goes nothing!
1. When I was in preschool, I remember being a bully and a brat. I remember my parents consoling a crying classmate during a small gathering at school. I’m not sure what I did to her exactly, but I know I was the reason she was crying that day!
2. I used to be so good in Math especially back in grade school and my parents know that. In high school, I may only have been an average kid, but I loved solving problems, fractions, solving for that infamous letter X!
3. I may need to confirm this with my parents, but almost 2 decades ago, when our house was just being built, I may have pushed my little brother against some hollow cement blocks sitting on top of a gravel mound. He ended up getting stitched and I think he was just 3 then! That was very traumatizing for me and I guess for him!
4. My first kiss on the lips was back in preschool and if I’m not mistaken, the boy’s name is Ryan.
5. I studied in an all girls’ Catholic school run by nuns for 11 years!
6. My first celebrity crush was Carlo Aquino (G-mik days) and my whole extended family would tease me whenever we see him on tv.
7. I don’t eat peanut butter and I would never eat Loaf bread with Nutella, unless it’s on a donut or on crepes. I’m weird, I know!
8. My favorite fruit is mango and I would eat anything with mango: Mango Graham cake, Mango tapioca, Mango crepes, Mango tart from Iloilo, Mango ice cream (my favorite), salad with mango dressing, anything with mango except for mango juice! I know, it gets weirder!
9. No matter how tan I get, my upper body always returns to its natural color, but my lower torso doesn’t!
10. I love bookstores and craft stores and when most girls go gaga shopping for clothes, I go wild over books and art materials!
11. I haven’t read 60% of the books I have bought over the years!
12. I’m such a visual person. I judge books by their covers, I am very critical of people’s clothes and the way they carry themselves, my closet is full of colorful stuff (even my bags and shoes), I love artsy places, coffee shops and restaurants.
13. Growing up, my favorite color was BLUE. That was until grade school. Since college, I’ve become so into YELLOW and that’s where the
obsession fascination for this color started!
View this post on Instagram
Day 1: Look at the stars, look how they shine for you…. so excited to start March's #FMSPhotoADay today!!! Can't wait to see what the others posted!! #yellow #march #ultimatefavorite #sunshineyday #happiness naalala ko tuloy ikaw @mitchfernando hahaha!! @fatmumslim #maartsadventures
14. There was a time when we didn’t have a house help and that’s when I started to learn how to cook by myself. I was in grade school, I think.
15. I can say that the scariest, saddest, happiest, most degrading but rewarding moments of my life were when I used to work in the hospital. That’s cheesy!
16. I felt loved more by my college classmates than any of the high school classmates I had, ever did.
17. Being a nurse, I’ve done things I never thought I would ever do,ever in my life, things that most people would find scary or disgusting.
18. Inserting an IV cannula was one of the scariest things I had to learn, but when I did, I became obsessed with it! I used to look at people’s veins all the time and I think I still do!!
19. My favorite shift at work used to be the Night Shift: Patients would all be asleep, and we could eat, share scary stories, chat and play, sleep or even practice IV insertion like what we did on the photo above!
20. I am an extreme procrastinator except when it comes to art projects and little DIY projects!
21. I lived with my grandmother and my uncle until I was about 1-2 years old and just like in the movies, when my parents showed up at the door one day to finally get me, I ran back into my grandma’s house which made my mama cry. They only told me about this story when I was in college.
22. I’ve been indirectly bullied in high school.
23. I have the worst trust issues in the world.
24. I have this thing for feel good movies and disaster movies!
25. I don’t have any unusual abilities like flipping eyelids inside out or having any double joints. I’m very ordinary! haha!
26. I started shooting in film with a real camera back in May 2014 and I haven’t stopped since! Check out some of the photos here! Here’s my little camera collection to date:
27. Some of my hobbies include calligraphy, stamp carving, art-journaling, watercolor painting, crafting and snail-mailing.
28. I follow over 2k people on Instagram and most of which are artists, crafters and photographers! 🙂
29. I started blogging back in 2002, when I was in grade 6 and I wrote about it here.
30. I’m extremely afraid of ghosts, of heights and falling and a whole bunch of other little things!