It has been a while since I last did this and I’m kind of in a good mood to do it again tonight, so here it goes…
This is a series and blog link up started by Helga Weber of Ditz Revolution. To quote her, “Friday’s 10 Happy Things is where I/we list ten things that made us smile this week so that we can start the weekend on an even more positive note!”. Click on the button below to join in!
- I don’t want to jinx it, but it’s one of the best things that happened this week: our Japan Visa application got approved on Tuesday! After so many corrections on our visa forms, visits to PSA and my aunt’s office, research and planning, we’re finally able to relax and count down days to our Japan trip.
- In relation to that, I had the chance to drop by the Adoration Chapel in megamall again (not sure what that chapel to the right of the Eucharistic Chapel is really called), which happens to be the place where I feel calmest, safest and most peaceful in the city. I don’t even feel the same way when I’m at home, to think that our house is one of my comfort places. I feel so at peace there because it helps me clear my mind and worry less, so I make it a point to go whenever I’m in the area and this time around, I got to pray at the frontmost pew and had a closer and clearer view of the Holy Host/body of Christ.
- August Break 2016 and so far, I haven’t missed a day yet! I’m very happy with the responses I’ve been getting from the community as well; and It’s so fun to see what others have been posting daily from all over the world.
- Got to talk to one of my closest friends today and I was genuinely happy to have heard his voice again. Also mentioned this super duper cute baby Aurora from the film, Maleficent, which I re-watched this week. I played this scene more than 10 times, I think!
all photos were from Google!
all 4 photos were from Google
5. Tried using my Walnut ink from Craft Central for the first time this week and I’m so happy I bought the larger jar last February. Can’t wait to write awesome calligraphy quotes again. I’m also happy that my nibs are still in very god condition. 🙂
6. Painted my table’s legs with animal prints! I’m so obsessed with giraffe print!
7. Instagram Stories! Now I know what it’s like to have a Snapchat account. 🙂
8. My papa’s camera, a Sony a6000 which I got to play with all week for the August Break and for this short film I made. 🙂 Also loving my newest editing app, Polarr photo editor.
9. Made Spanish Sardines pasta for dinner and I guess manang, our house help, liked it too. 🙂
10. The readings on Our Daily Bread this week. So far, most, if not all helped me understand, be more patient with and be hopeful despite all my current struggles in life. Everything seems so fitting and timely.
For real? Am I really doing this for real now? Well, I guess, just as long as I still have the time to spare.
Let’s just say that I’m currently bumming around for a week now because I was “indirectly” offered another opportunity by a friend, which I couldn’t let pass. I really think this would work for me because it fits the lifestyle I have long been dreaming of and even though I don’t want to jinx it by being too excited, I have to admit, I really am.
Anyway, as Helga would say, Welcome to Friday’s 10 Happy Things where we list ten things that made us smile this week so that we can start the weekend on an even more positive note!
I’m really happy that I have a Daykeeper where I can literally take note of the things that make me smile every week.
- First thing this week, even though mama is still throwing the silent tantrum (cool, there is actually such a thing!) at me, she made me laugh deep inside with one of her little bloopers. Seemingly, she was pointing out that there’s a huge tarpaulin in Edsa Central, if my memory serves me right. I could sense my father feeling weirded out by the fact that a tarp sparked interest in my mother. It took my him a couple of minutes to realize she was actually repeatedly pertaining to a “trampoline”. I didn’t get it myself at first, but when my father finally blurted it out, I had to control even the slightest jerk of my lip.
- Papa wasn’t too upset when he found out that I resigned. Although he didn’t give me “the talk” like he previously did, he’s being supportive again by making an effort to save all the photography tutorials he could find online and letting me watch those. He has been the sweetest seeing my mother is kind of giving me a hard time.
- In connection to that, he has been pushing me again to enroll in short photography classes in this institute they go to for seminars on Art and Design.
- Our mentor for this digital art class I’m currently enrolled in commented on my work and it wasn’t one of those generic statements someone gives when he/she has nothing to say. I’m glad my work was appreciated, not to mention, made sense at all. All I was primarily aiming for was to get the message through, and I’m glad she said it did!
- I bought homemade, fresh lumpia again from this old man who stays in this mini-market near the tricycle terminal. I bought lumpia from him once and same as before, I had a quick chat with him and remembered that he goes to all these different spots just around the neighborhood to sell the vegetable snack his wife makes. What made me smile though was when he greeted me “happy birthday” when I was about to cross the road. Then he quickly uttered “may pansit ka kasi eh”. Little did he know that I planned it all along, to buy the noodles so I can get close to him and buy his lumpia. I admire him along with the other elderlies that continue to work hard despite their age.
- Just found out today that the bluetooth speakers my parents bought us last Christmas has an FM radio function! I was ecstatic!
- I still get in touch with my former workmates via viber and yesterday when I was updating them on my new endeavor, the conversation turned pretty crazy again.
- My sister being so helpful and generous as always. She lent me money for me to get a new laptop.
- Bought a new laptop yesterday with spanking specs, which I’ve never even dreamed of. I just remembered now that prior to buying it, I was praying to God to “take the wheel” and I think that it’s sinking in to me now that this might be why I never got what I planned on getting in the first place. He got me something better!
- I woke up today and was walking around the house and thinking, this could work. I am loving the current atmosphere at home, all thanks to my parents, who both have become plant addicts and have filled our garden and the veranda with so many plants and flowers. I was feeling much better than I have been the past weeks. It was this morning when I woke up that I did not feel anxious at all, like everything’s going to be okay. 🙂