For real? Am I really doing this for real now? Well, I guess, just as long as I still have the time to spare.
Let’s just say that I’m currently bumming around for a week now because I was “indirectly” offered another opportunity by a friend, which I couldn’t let pass. I really think this would work for me because it fits the lifestyle I have long been dreaming of and even though I don’t want to jinx it by being too excited, I have to admit, I really am.
Anyway, as Helga would say, Welcome to Friday’s 10 Happy Things where we list ten things that made us smile this week so that we can start the weekend on an even more positive note!
I’m really happy that I have a Daykeeper where I can literally take note of the things that make me smile every week.
- First thing this week, even though mama is still throwing the silent tantrum (cool, there is actually such a thing!) at me, she made me laugh deep inside with one of her little bloopers. Seemingly, she was pointing out that there’s a huge tarpaulin in Edsa Central, if my memory serves me right. I could sense my father feeling weirded out by the fact that a tarp sparked interest in my mother. It took my him a couple of minutes to realize she was actually repeatedly pertaining to a “trampoline”. I didn’t get it myself at first, but when my father finally blurted it out, I had to control even the slightest jerk of my lip.
- Papa wasn’t too upset when he found out that I resigned. Although he didn’t give me “the talk” like he previously did, he’s being supportive again by making an effort to save all the photography tutorials he could find online and letting me watch those. He has been the sweetest seeing my mother is kind of giving me a hard time.
- In connection to that, he has been pushing me again to enroll in short photography classes in this institute they go to for seminars on Art and Design.
- Our mentor for this digital art class I’m currently enrolled in commented on my work and it wasn’t one of those generic statements someone gives when he/she has nothing to say. I’m glad my work was appreciated, not to mention, made sense at all. All I was primarily aiming for was to get the message through, and I’m glad she said it did!
- I bought homemade, fresh lumpia again from this old man who stays in this mini-market near the tricycle terminal. I bought lumpia from him once and same as before, I had a quick chat with him and remembered that he goes to all these different spots just around the neighborhood to sell the vegetable snack his wife makes. What made me smile though was when he greeted me “happy birthday” when I was about to cross the road. Then he quickly uttered “may pansit ka kasi eh”. Little did he know that I planned it all along, to buy the noodles so I can get close to him and buy his lumpia. I admire him along with the other elderlies that continue to work hard despite their age.
- Just found out today that the bluetooth speakers my parents bought us last Christmas has an FM radio function! I was ecstatic!
- I still get in touch with my former workmates via viber and yesterday when I was updating them on my new endeavor, the conversation turned pretty crazy again.
- My sister being so helpful and generous as always. She lent me money for me to get a new laptop.
- Bought a new laptop yesterday with spanking specs, which I’ve never even dreamed of. I just remembered now that prior to buying it, I was praying to God to “take the wheel” and I think that it’s sinking in to me now that this might be why I never got what I planned on getting in the first place. He got me something better!
- I woke up today and was walking around the house and thinking, this could work. I am loving the current atmosphere at home, all thanks to my parents, who both have become plant addicts and have filled our garden and the veranda with so many plants and flowers. I was feeling much better than I have been the past weeks. It was this morning when I woke up that I did not feel anxious at all, like everything’s going to be okay. 🙂