I’ve been eyeing a lot of V&M Naturals products the past few days and I was waiting for payday so bad because I wanted to get my hands on their bestsellers.
I first tried V&M back in college and that’s when I first heard about emu oil. If you read more about it, you’ll know how this oil has so many benefits, that’s why I got attracted to it so easily. Also, I have this thing for organic products because at my age, I wanted to be able to take care of myself the best way possible, and having these products more readily available in the market really helps. If I’m not mistaken, most if not all V&M products contain emu oil and everything is organic, so I’m expecting a lot from this skin care line.
2 days ago, I ended up buying:
1) Jagermeister Pore Suit soap – This is one of their bestselling soaps. It contains: Emu Oil, Jagermeister, Willow Tree, Sugar Cane Extract, Turmeric, Pepper, Cantaloupe, Sugar Beets, Unripe Grape, Cajeput, Lemon Extract. According to their website and sales ladies, this soap helps clean pores from deep within, so it does a good job in clearing the face from impurities.
2) Happy Pores With Hazel Toner – This is best paired with the Jager soap especially for people like me with oily and acne-prone skin. I’m in love with hazel as it helps tighten our skin and reduce inflammation. I’ve used Dickinson’s Pore Perfecting toner before so when I learned that V&M has a variant of this toner with witch hazel, I didn’t hesitate to get one for myself!
3) Red Clay Mineral Primer – I’m eyeing a more expensive primer for my extremely oily skin, but since this one’s organic, I thought I give this a try.
4) Smooch Lip Detox – According to their website, this doesn’t have petroleum, instead it contains the finest oils, making the lips look younger looking and healthier.
5) Exfobomb and Bikini Bomb – The exfobomb is a new product that works well with the bikini bomb. It exfoliates the skin which kind of prepares it to completely absorb the bikini bomb for more effective whitening.
After 2 days of using these products, I don’t see any huge difference on my skin and pores, but I can feel that the Jager soap gently cleanses my skin. As for the toner, there definitely is a sting when applying it to my face after cleansing, unlike Dickinson’s which is a bit disappointing, but I’ll give it a few more weeks. I’m not giving up on these products.
I also tried the primer after, just to test it out. I didn’t expect it to have the normal consistency of a primer, but it has silicone, so what should I have expected, right? I used it for work the next day, but it didn’t really keep the oiliness at bay.
The Exfobomb and Bikini Bomb combo didn’t really have that instant whitening like what most people said on their feedback on the website, but just the same, I’ll give this a couple more weeks to take effect. Slowly but surely, right?
I’m happy with the Smooch Lip Detox though. Unfortunately, I feel like I always have to store it in the fridge every time I come home in the afternoon because it melts like crazy. It’s a disaster waiting to happen. I’m afraid that one day, I’m going to have to just transfer the whole thing in a lip balm container. Despite this, I have to say that I have definitely found the lip balm I’m going to be using for quite a long time. I love the minty cooling effect and how it definitely moisturizes my lips. I can even see my lips getting lighter by the moment. I also love how my nude lipstick looks much better on my lips when I apply it on top of the lip balm.
So there you go, my second beauty review ever! I’m not really good in making reviews, but this is just to share my honest opinion of my experience so far with organic products! I’m no beauty blogger and I’m not turning into one, don’t worry! 😛