Post your Favorite Movies that You Never Get Tired of Watching
Yes, I’m still here because I promised myself I’m going to complete this challenge (for a change), no matter what. Feel free to list down your favorite movies too!
This one is easy because I’m a movie lover, but tough because like I said, I’m a movie lover! 😛 I may never reach the end of this post, but I’ll keep it less than 10 or 5!
1) Serendipity – I bought the “Ultimate Romance DVD collection” (for a whopping P50) a few years ago and like what I said in this entry, Serendipity is definitely one of my favorites. I don’t know why, but this is the ultimate, feel good, rom-com that Hollywood has ever made and I would never get tired of watching it. It must be because of John Cusack’s weird charm (though I never got attracted to him ever) or because of Kate Beckinsale’s perfect lead role vibe, or because it was set in NYC (my favorite place in the world) in the early 2000s (my favorite era including the late 90’s) or maybe because it was simply magical, and I’m a sucker for things far from reality. I’m a lost cause, I know!
2) Stardust – I told you, I’m a sucker for movies that has both romance + magic in it! I’ve seen this movie a thousand times because it makes me feel good every time. First of all, I love the plot (thanks to Neil Gaiman) and the characters too and the adventures I never even imagined could be sewn together in a story. What I love the most about this movie is Claire Dane’s character, Yvaine’s ultimate profession of love to Tristan Thorn. You should at least watch that scene or read her speech. It would make you feel how beautiful it is to be loved, even for those who haven’t been in love yet! You can read it here, I also blogged about it before. 😉
3) P.S. I Love You – When I’m sad, I watch this movie all the time, because it’s an instant antidepressant. I feel magically inspired even when I’m feeling down because it changed my perspective on love and on happy endings. Of course, everyone knows Gerard Butler’s character dies at the beginning but life and their love story didn’t end there. This movie always makes me bawl and I couldn’t help it because it always reminds me how love is so beautiful, it makes you feel good even when it gets taken away from you. So the buckets of tears I have cried watching this movie must be really tears of joy! 😛
4) Harry Potter movies – Have I mentioned how much I love magic, ever? LOL. I never really thought how much I love watching movies with a touch of supernatural elements until today. Well, who doesn’t love the boy who lived, right? I admit, I’m a bigger fan of the movies than the books, so the movies made me read the books and not the other way around. Another thing, I grew up with these kids. I’m the same age with Daniel and I can remember, I was in 6th grade, 11 years old, when the first movie came out and I gathered all the cheap memorabilia, magazines and freebies I could find and kept them all safe in a box which unfortunately wasn’t spared during the great flood, a.k.a. Ondoy. Now, 4 years after the last installment, I still watch the movies time and time again. I can say that the magic definitely stays on, and I’m taken back to my childhood years, reminiscing about the magical world that the children of our generation have been blessed the great opportunity to be a part of.
5) The Parent Trap – I used to watch this all the time, ever since we saw it in school when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. So when I saw a VHS copy at the mall, I asked my parents to buy it and we watched it as a family once and I watched it again and again after that. A few years later, VHS evolved to VCD and when I saw a copy, I got it for myself. Truly, it was one of my favorite movies to watch when I was young! We used to do the handshake too back then with my classmates. I also used to cut my own bangs like Halley and Annie did. I was obsessed! 😛