The Daily Bugle

The long wait is over! I am  nowofficially employed!

I know I shouldn’t be getting ahead of myself but unless I fail this training, I consider myself not a palamunin anymore!

Before I took this job, I went through the eye of a needle taking exams, working my way through interviews and even thinking extra hard whether to accept a few job offers or not (those were extremely tricky, mind you). Those days were over though. I can now say that after months and months of feeling useless and depressed, my day has come. Of course, like I said, I still don’t want to get ahead of myself, after all, I’ve only completed 25% of the training. I still have 3 more weeks to prove myself worthy of the company.

Today, we made our first calls and it was fun, or at least not as scary as I have imagined. Though the company makes customer calls, it isn’t exactly a call center, which is why it’s not as stressful as its counterparts in the industry. It also offered a very normal work schedule, meaning no shifting schedules and no work on weekends. They also have a Christmas break which is the icing on the cake. Pay is also higher than most companies in the outsourcing business, so I guess I have nothing else to ask for.

I found this job a few days before I was offered a job by the last company I applied to. I found it accidentally through the forum Pinoy Exchange and I knew right then and there, I couldn’t let the opportunity pass. So, I turned down the job offer from the last company at the last minute. Of course the response from the HR personnel wasn’t pleasant but I owe it to myself and my family to get a job not only because it was the first to call, but more importantly, because it was a company worth all the wait.

True enough, it was worth it. I got the job on the same day I was interviewed for the position and voila, here I am on my fourth day, making calls already.

My calls weren’t perfect. In fact, I think I was the least competent and confident among the four of us trainees, but I can forgive myself for that. It was only my first time and I was the only one without BPO experience.

It was funny because the first ever call I made today was to a Pinay based in Australia. I was itching to speak in Filipino but I had to maintain professionalism (because the call was being monitored by the trainers and my fellow trainees in the other room, though I didn’t realize it until I got back to the training room where everyone was applauding and cheering me on) and I guess I wanted to practice the spiels as well.

That’s all for now. Lately I’ve been really tired and I sleep as early as 6pm and since it’s already 8pm, I am way, way past my bedtime so ciao!

Processed with VSCOcam with b5 preset

My view from my station 🙂 See the Daily Bugle building?


6 thoughts on “The Daily Bugle

  1. Aww Mars, I envy you for having a normal work schedule 😦 I wish we could abolish shifting schedules in our company. M was able to have theirs abolished. Huhu.

    On second thought, I might have a hard time commuting during rush hours. Okay, I’m taking back what I said. HAHAHA.


    • truuuuueee!! i like going home in the morning tapos daan sa palengke 🙂 hahaha tapos with the cool breeze on your face! laveeeet but still i don’t like the feeling of going to work when everybody else is coming home. weird hahahaha!


  2. Marsy, I have Disqus na. By the way, thanks for introducing Corinth’s blog sakin. I love her, her photos and her entries. I can’t help but check her blog everyday. Siya na ang peg ko! 🙂


Share your thoughts on this!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s