When you’re kind of getting tired feeling sorry for yourself, that’s when you start feeling grateful for the littlest things you have in life. This is why most things on this list are probably the shallowest of all, but they make me really happy, as in genuinely happy from the bottom of my ridunculous heart 🙂
- this song, “Let Me In” by Grouplove, currently on repeat mode as I’m typing this… gimme gimme that love, i’ll be waiting for ya! – my feel good song for a few weeks now ever since I started listening to the TFIOS soundtrack before it was shown 🙂
- other songs – Rude by Magic and that Pinacolada song called Escape – make you wanna daydream of really beautiful stuff if not dance to them like crazy.
- my film SLR – seriously, I could have gone totally boinks instantly without this in my life right now. I can actually look at it only and all my worries go away like magic! 🙂
- eating my favorite Mango Ref Cake which I made last night when I saw that we finally have mangoes! – also called Mango Float cake or Mango Graham cake
- stalking this girl a friend and I both know and feeling sorry for ourselves together 🙂 – this is weird but it makes me happy because we are such immature and green eyed monsters 🙂 And I’m so shallow like that!
- film photographers – aside from taking photos myself, I also love checking out personal blogs of different film photographers and actually getting to interact with them. It inspires me to do more and to dream more 🙂
- Hollis Gillespie – reading one anecdote a day from her book makes me feel less sorry for myself knowing that there are people out there in different parts of the world who have problems too, but manage to get by without getting overly depressed about it.
- making my little cousins and grandmother laugh – it just feels wonderful to draw generous laughs from them because we rarely get together as a family and the sound of laughter is music to my ears 🙂
- my grandmother’s dialysis being okay despite another dialysis-mate getting intubated and dying on the same day – I think my grandmother almost never finishes her dialysis sessions these days because she gets cramps and gets sick more frequently, but I’m glad that the time I accompanied her, she didn’t have any problems at all. Wish us luck tomorrow!
- Yogilates – this one’s the painful kind of good thing in life, but despite feeling the pain, by the end of a session, it makes you feel good that you actually finished one and feel more confident about your body 🙂
- movie marathons – Ever since my job ended, I was able to watch a lot of the new films I would’ve missed had I been employed. So being a bum still has its perks!
- printing photos – obviously, you have to have your photos printed if you’re switching to film because it is what it is. Don’t defeat the purpose of taking film photos if you’re not going to have them displayed in a non-electronic/non-digital way.
- watching old, favorite movies and seeing them in a new light – it’s surprising that some movies may mean different to you depending on which certain time of your life you have seen it.
- my pussy red nails – I didn’t know there’s an even better shade of red other than the bloody type which I used to love bigtime until yesterday! And yes, that’s what it actually says on the label. I didn’t just make it up!
- hope – it makes me happy that I’m the type who never loses hope. I can be down for a couple of days, but I stand right back up because there’s so much more to life than what I actually get to see at the moment. I don’t really want to sound cocky because I honestly feel happy that I haven’t given up yet despite the odds never ever being in my favor. 😛 I know God will not let me down for a long time even though He has already! 😛 JK! 🙂
Spread the happiness 🙂