Last week I had this crazy idea to interview my boyfriend, B out of the blue. I had been reading one too many lifestyle magazines on http://issuu.com/ that I wanted to come up with my own. What better way to start one than to feature a special person for an issue right? Seeing how these publications turn out, I feel giddy just thinking about how I can layout my own articles and photos too to create a really amateur magazine of my own. More on these magazines and my dream of making one on another post soon!
So there we were last night making fun of each other, though still stressing upon him that it needed to be a serious one. You see, I find B very talented and full of potential. I may not be the most supportive girlfriend in the world, but I really am proud of him and his incredibly attractive voice. La la la la! Though I know he chooses to pursue a degree in Mass Communication at the moment, that can’t take the fact that the dream of becoming a star still lives on within him. So I asked him a couple of questions for me and some of you to get to know him a bit more (though he was a little more mum than usual, which defeats the purpose of the interview).
1. What is your ultimate dream job?
- I want to be a musician.
2. Why do you think dreams are important?
- Dreams will determine one’s future.
3. How do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Singing in front of a large crowd.
4. Who do you look up to and why?
- I look up to my mother because she is a strong and intelligent woman and I want to raise my future children the way she raised us.
5. What do you consider your life’s best lessons that you wish to impart to the younger ones?
- Take risks because you only live once and never be afraid of failure.
- Learn to accept things you cannot change.
6. What do you value most in life?
- My friends, family and girlfriend
7. If you don’t get to be a singer, what other options do you have in mind?
- Anything related to music like a music professor or a radio DJ
8. Can you think of a special memory that made you into the man you are today?
- Nung mga bata kami, grade two ako noon, umuwi si papa na lasing. Nandun kami ni Ivan sa kwarto namin at takot na takot dahil kapag lasing si papa, nagiging barumbado siya. Kinausap niya kami tungkol sa naging buhay niya. Kinuwento niya lahat sa amin pati pagkamatay ng tatay niya and panganay nilang kapatid. Doon ko natutunan i-value yung mga taong nakapaligid sa akin at natutunan ko rin na hindi porket lalaki ka, hindi mo na pwede ipakita yung soft side mo, yung vulnerable side mo.
9. If you have any, what do you regret the most?
- Not being a good brother to my siblings and not being expressive enough.
10. And what are you most proud of?
- I get to live my dream one day at a time.
11. Aside from singing, what other things are you good at?
- I’m good at giving advice, cooking and making my ears move without using my hands.
12. Are there still things that you’d like to try?
- I want to be an astronaut and go to space, be a pilot and fly because those would make me feel liberated.
13. 3 things on your personal bucket list:
- Travel the world
- Ride a space shuttle and go to the moon
- Be on any US show like Ellen or on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
14. Top 3 favorite songs:
- With a Smile
- Huling El Bimbo
- Won’t Go Home Without You
15. Do you think that your life is now falling into place?
- Yes because I’m much more content in my life. Dati masyado kang materialistic pero ngayon na-realize ko na meron pang ilang mas mahalaga bukod sa materyal na bagay.
I know, I know they’re not the golden, million dollar questions to ask to get featured on the best magazines or in Buzz ng Bayan, but hey, they sure did help us get something out of this boy who’s feigning his shyness here. Just kidding! I guess he isn’t really very keen on these types of conversations yet, especially with me being uncomfortably serious and demanding. Maybe I’ll do another one some other time when he gets famous or something and ask him forbidden questions as well! Abangan!