– Saan kayo unang nagkakilala o paano kayo naging magkakilala?
We have a common friend who introduced us to each other when we attended his birthday party.
– Ano ang una niyong ginawa or naging situation bago maging kayo? Meaning to say sa pagkakaibigan niyo bakit kayong dalawa mismo ang close sa bawat isa?
We easily became comfortable with each other even at our first meeting because he’s really a nice guy and knows how to carry a conversation well. Then, we became frequent text mates for a few months before we went out on our first date.
– Niligawan ka ba o hindi? At Bakit?
We didn’t actually went through the usual stage of ligaw. Our relationship was kind of Westernized in a way, from casual dates to exclusively dating.
– Paano kayo nagkadevelopan?
It started whem he told me he likes me on our fourth date (we were still dating other people that time) and asked if we could date each other exclusively.
– Paano niyo rin naipahiwatig na may nararamdaman nga kayo sa bawat isa?
I express my feelings for him through letters. I write short essays and poems for him and deliver it the traditional way — yes, by mail. But I took him by surprise one time when I made the first move of holding his hand (he knows that I’m not a huge fan of PDAs), he was totally grinning like loony all day.
He, on the other hand, shows his affection through actions a lot. He loves tracing the lines of my palms and making imaginary doodles on it.
– Paano mo nasigurado na may nararamdaman kayong pagmamahalan sa bawat isa?
He makes me feel secure with the relationship we have. It’s intimate, but not tightly gripped nor loose.
– Ano ang nagustuhan mo sa kanya?
– Ano naman ang nagustuhan niya sayo?
My tactless, straightforward personality. Haha.
– Ano ang preferences mo sa pagkakaroon ng minamahal?
Intellect, humor, and sense of security.
– Siya ba ang taong hinahanap hanap niyo? Natupad ba ang preferences mo na gusto mo pag nagkaroon ka ng minamahal? At Bakit?
My friends coined my guy as “the marrying-type” because he fits our self-made checklist of the guy we want to marry someday.
– Kelan officially naging kayo at bakit yun ang date and month na napili niyo? Ano ang ibig sabihin ng numero para sa inyong dalawa?
We can’t exactly remember when we actually became a couple so he chose February 14 instead. He said it’ll be sweet to celebrate our anniversary in line with the V-day; I said it was cheesy. LOL.
– Ilang months na kayo?
We’ll be celebrating our 11th month-anniversary on January 14th.
– Nagcecelebrate ba kayo ng inyong monthsary? at bakit?
We ‘celebrate’ our month-anniversary in a different sense of the word. We don’t prepare special dinner or gifts for each other, rather we just make sure that we see each other that day even if we’re really busy. Even an hour will do, as long as we get to say our greetings personally.
– Pinakilala mo na ba siya sa iyong mga magulang, pamilya at kamag-anak? Pati sa mga kaibigan? Kung OO ano ang kanilang naging reaction para sa partner mo? Kung hindi pa pinapakilala bakit naman?
My dad, my grandmother, some of my relatives and my best friends since elementary have already met him when he visited my province. My dad wasn’t saying anything about him until my boyfriend had already left and said these exact words: “Mabait, gwapo. I like him for you, anak. Sige, magpakasal na kayo.” Of course he was just joking about the last part. Haha.
He still hasn’t met my mom because she’s working abroad. I plan to introduce him when she flies home in time for my graduation.
– Pinakilala ka na rin ba niya sa mga magulang, pamilya at kamag-anak? Pati sa mga kaibigan mo? Kung OO ano ang naging reaction nila sayo nung makita ka or something like ano ang nasabi na nila about you? Pero kung hindi pa bakit naman?
I met his parents when we attended the mass together. He actually didn’t tell me that his parents would be there because he knew I wouldn’t come because I’ll definitely shy away.
They were really nice during our first rendezvous. They even said that I was the first girl their son has ever introduced to them. Aww.
– Bukod sa isang minamahal ano pa ang trato mo sa kanya at bakit? Kaibigan/bestfriend, alaga, magulang, kapatid o kung ano pa?
I treat him as my best friend (I’m not afraid to tell him my thoughts and my embarrassing moments) and like an older brother (I respect him).
– Naging open minded ka ba sa kanya sa lahat ng bagay? yung tipong lahat ng sikreto mo alam niya?
Of course keeping secrets to each other is not new in a relationship. Even though we promised to keep an open relationship, we respect each other’s personal boundaries.
– Ano ang madalas niyong alitan? Paano niyo ito naisesettle or paano kayo nagsesettle? May araw ba na nagkakatampuhan kayo? Yung tipong hindi kayo mag-uusap ng matagal tapos darating rin ang oras na magbabati rin kayo?
We hardly argue actually, and mostly I’m the one losing it first. LOL. I can give him the silent treatment for days, but he can’t stand it. He’ll apologize throughharana and singing John Mayer’s songs or delivering uber corny jokes, which will surely crack me up and we’ll make up even before the day ends.
– Hanggang ngayon ba nararamdaman niyo rin na in love pa rin kayo sa kanya?
Yes. Every single second of every day.
– Kahit matagal na kayong magkasama nagliligawan pa rin ba kayo?
He likes leaving hidden notes in my stuff. Magugulat na lang ako kapag bubuksan ko ‘yung book ko or case file may note s’ya saying: “Take care of yourself”, “I miss you already”, and, my personal favorite, “I love you more today than yesterday”.