I just finished the first draft for ina’s poster for one of this year’s student council’s activities. Hope they like it. I’m emailing it as we speak.
Aside from that, I also want to blog about yesterday! Coz Kat and I met up at Rob Manila since I didn’t have classes and she has a 4-hour break from school. She went to buy a new pair of comfy, brown flats from Australian (since her pink sandals almost gave up on her) and went around window shopping after. We had lunch at sushi-ya, not minding the huge amount we paid for a mixed maki plate, katsudon and pork teriyaki. Well, we deserve to splurge on something every once in a while don’t we?
P.S. kat and I were wearing the same effing white-v-neck shirts we bought at Pasig Palengke. the only difference was, she cuffed her sleeves while i cut off mine. grrr… we were like twins yesterday!
Anyway, we had to part ways at Taft ave. She took the lrt back to la salle and I took the jeepney going back to Quiapo. I made a quick stop at the church and had my watch’s battery replaced then headed off to Recto. I had to look for my other 2 books, but ended up finding only 1. But it’s not so bad, after all, I was able to have some time for myself again, walking along Recto, checking out stuff from Merriam-Webster bookstore and stuff on the street. I will miss this when I graduate next year.
So here’s a few things I realized during this 2 day vacation:
- I really have to make most out of this final year in nursing school.
- I have to study really hard for all the coming quizzes, thesis-writing, achievement tests and board exam.
- I am so excited to graduate and to work and earn my own money.
- Can’t wait to go abroad (with my friends who also plan to work there) >>had a fun talk with Jan last night.
- Being a hospital nurse isn’t the only option I have in order to practice what I have been studying for the last few years. I can be a flight nurse for all I care.
- I don’t want to let my family down, but most especially, I don’t want to let myself down. I CAN do this!
- There are a lot of really good Phil lit books again!!! Can’t wait to buy them all! Ika nga, tangkilikin ang sariling atin! To tell you honestly, all those summit books and other books written by Pinoy writers are more fun to read because you can relate to them more. Here are some of the books on my to buy list:
- Table for Two
- Geek shall inherit the earth (?)
- 10 ways on getting over aj (?)
- and lots of other Pinoy books!!!
So if I were you, I will from time to time, try to browse some of the books at the Phil. Lit section. I’m sure you won’t regret it!